Saturday, March 19, 2016

Knize Forest

At long last, I have found my holy grail green fragrance!  I thought Pino Silvestre was it for years, and although Knize Forest is similar to Pino, it beats it at its own game.  I can’t rave enough about this fragrance.

Like Pino Silvestre, Knize Forest is an aromatic fougere that is intensely herbal, but without any of Pino’s sharp edges.  You get the airy, grassy smell of clover, with the crisp smell of a cool breeze blowing through a forest.  You can almost smell the ferns and dried leaves on the forest floor blowing in the wind.  Basil and geranium are the source of Knize Forest’s intense greenness, and dry herbal notes like sage and rosemary help to sustain that green smell for hours.  Vetiver and oakmoss provide the necessary earthiness in the base, and they perfectly complement the green notes.  Although there’s no pine or coniferous notes that I can detect in Knize Forest, the whole composition really captures the smell of being in the woods.  It's a beautiful smell.

Like I said, Knize Forest does smell similar to Pino Silvestre, with its heavily herbal smell.  However, Knize Forest is smoother, less crude, and a lot more refined than Pino Silvestre.  It lacks the woodiness that gives Pino its occasional brashness.  It is also one of the most natural smelling perfumes I have ever tried.  Victorinox Swiss Army Forest this is not.

Some reviewers say Knize Forest smells like Creed’s Green Irish Tweed.  I totally disagree.  I smell no similarity to Green Irish Tweed whatsoever. 

If you love green fragrances, you must try Knize Forest.  In fact, I’d even call it a safe blind purchase for those who love herbal scents. It really is the perfect green fragrance, and I give it a perfect score.

MY RATING:  10/10

21 comments:

  1. Yes, this is great stuff. So glad that you are working your way through the Knize range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and a review of Knize Sec is on its way soon!

      Delete
    2. BTW, is Knize Ten Gold worth getting, or is it just Knize Ten in different packaging? I've been wearing Knize Ten for a few years now, but I'm curious if Gold is in any way different.

      Delete
    3. I have both and am really glad I do. K10 Gold is still a classic, snarly beast, but softer, more floral with a little incense, but make no mistake--it is Knize through and through. The last time I wore it, my teenage daughter couldn't get over how good I smelled--she was speachless, which--for anyone with teenage girls--is a rare occurrence. Good news is that my wife likes it, too!

      Delete
  2. I was just reading about this the other day. I talked myself out of buying it then, but now your review has talked me back into it and 50ml are on their way to me as we speak.

    I just discovered your blog a few days ago via a forum post on basenotes, and I really enjoy your articles and reviews. Looking forward to reading many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have already pino ,s two 125 ml bottles and like this very much do you think this is also a must buy for lover of green fragrances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely say Pino is a must buy for green fans, especially considering how inexpensive it is. I still love it.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Monsieur Shamu1.
    I have read your blog and enjoyed, and finally I got the chance to ask you that I am surprise you have nothing on Yatagan by Caron? As you still have your favorite Quorum I think Yatagan must be very close to your likings. I found them very similar and for me Yatagan was my number 1 favorite for many years with Quorum 2nd.

    ReplyDelete


  6. Thanks for this precious information i really appropriate it.
    Havana Accommodation

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your blog! Great post, I just recently tried a similar product that I received for free from perfumora.com. Will buy this one next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're back, Shamu1! I'm a big fan of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great post and such a nice product. But truth be told, recently I came across Cologne for Men and ever since I have been stuck with it or should I say that it has stuck with me. If you too are looking for something branded yet affordable, check out Perfumora.com for sure. Thanks for this incredible article.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review, that was what I needed to "pull the trigger" on this. Totally happy I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a valuable content shared,would like to know more about it.

    Propiophenone

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking for new fragrance can overpower with the majority of the aromas accessible. Not just are there endless aromas accessible, there are likewise unique scent fixations. Blooms, an essential part of any scent; specifically resembling fragrant blooms, regularly rich in subtlety. Here are possibilities for the best perfume for men, scents for men, best aromas for ladies, cologne, versace scent, fragrances, hugo manager fragrance and women scent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fashion accessories regard with men and women genuine leather jackets available for sale stylish collection serving online consumers demand internationally which getting shipped comprehensively within business working days.

    ReplyDelete